Easy Guide to Professional IT Resume Writing
Every conscious person who seeks for a job in IT knows that professional resume should be written effectively in order to attract prospective employers. Follow these IT resume tips and learn how to impress your future boss with the most remarkable skills and qualifications.
The best resume writing tips for IT jobs
- Remember that the purpose of your resume is to present your IT experience in the best light.
- Before sending the resume, make sure that it is tailored according to the specifications of the particular job description.
- Make your resume short and clear. Four pages is a perfect length of an IT resume.
- Include your special interests and hobbies into your resume so as to show your boss that you are a creative person.
- Be prepared to answer questions based on your resume content during the job interview.
- It is advisable to bring a copy of your IT resume to the job interview and refer to it when necessary.
Content and layout of a resume
Your resume is supposed to look professional and informative. It should be read and understood easily.
- Use a legible font, such as Arial or Times New Roman.
- Use headings if appropriate.
- Make sure that your IT resume highlights skills and qualifications that are essential for a particular job.
It is of great significance to write your name and last name, address, phone number and email on the first page of your resume. Check your email regularly after a job interview to find out whether your application was accepted.
Consider that your resume has to be concise. Thus, be very picky and attentive when describing your skills, achievements, and experiences. If you feel that a particular qualification is meaningless for a certain vacancy, it is better not to mention it. Your hobbies and interests should be written in the end of your resume.
Indicate your work skills to attract attention of your employer to your personality. You can present your IT skills in the form of a table.
Prepare a list of all your IT qualifications. Present them in chronological order. Consider that you have valid documents that prove your qualifications.
Make your employment history is easy to follow by writing it in chronological order. Mention the name of the company, job title, dates worked, your responsibilities and duties. If you have gaps in your employment history, be ready to explain them.
Identify your referees and provide their contact details. Get in touch with your referees beforehand and warn them that they may be contacted by your future employer.
Your future IT job depends on your ability to create a professional resume. Attain the necessary skills in writing an effective resume using the tips provided above.